Published: July 18, 2016 (over 4 years ago)
Develops and defines precise, thorough specifications for all new electrical components.
- Design cost effective/reliable electrical components needed to deliver future model year projects.
- Direct electrical designers on the vehicle modeling and component placement.
- Address and resolve field and warranty issues.
- Support Development Vehicle builds.
- Develops project schedules for electrical component development.
- Helps develop test plans for new electrical components.
- Supports the Technical Service Department.
- Assists the Purchasing and Quality Departments in supplier selection, and working with vendors, providing engineering support for electrical components.
- Resource and project manage (including project schedules, change management, risk management, etc.) component development efforts.
- 6-10 years experience in automotive, agricultural, or power sports electrical system development preferred.
- Experience in electrical systems engineering.
- Experience with Vehicle Electrical Systems architecture
- Experience with Electrical schematics of various vehicle accessories/harness
- Hands on’ electrical and mechanical experience a plus.
- Able to handle multiple programs at the same time and work in a fast pace environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with testing and development technicians and with the program team.
- Power sports or similar riding background desirable.
- Engineering degree required (BSEE preferred).