- B.S. in Engineering or relevant technical field
- Advanced knowledge of automotive industry software development processes including: Configuration Management, Change Management, Requirements Engineering, Review processes and software test methodologies (Unit Test, Integration Test, MIL, SIL, HIL Test, RCP)
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with remote and offshore test teams across multiple time zones.
- Basic knowledge of Model-Based Development
- Ability to train and coach engineers
- Define and document standard software engineering process objectives, activities and metrics
- Create configuration management and verification/validation plans
- Manage and release software process baselines
- Drive process maturity improvements toward industry standards (Auto SPICE, ISO26262, etc.)
- Assist in project teams in tailoring processes and tools to meet customer process requirements
- Recommend engineering tools to be used for SW development and project management
- Work with the IT department to administer all software engineering tools and licenses globally
- Create scripts and tools customizations to optimize and automate SW development activities
- Explore and recommend adoption of innovative process methodologies and tools (Agile, Applied SAFe, IBM Rational Team Center, Model Based Development, etc.)
- Support SW development teams in preparation for and execution of formal, external software audits (e.g. Automotive SPICE Assessments, ISO26262 Certifications, etc.)
- Support business acquisition activities regarding Software Process and Quality expectations
- Challenge established processes and tools, and be a champion in driving innovative solutions
What we need is a tools engineer who can develop and load specific embedded development tools and applications on servers, add features to third party tools using scripts and automation, helps in automating builds and configuration management etc.
Automating the process and implementing new features to add all the global applications to one change management system. Handling and maintaining very large databases.
- Extensive and Complex Query to generate reports for management review.